How to rent
Step by step.
How to rent a caravan for travel.
How to rent a caravan to travel in Mobile Mazury?
You can make reservations in person on site or by contacting us by phone and also by email. When booking, we will be happy to help you choose the right vehicle and departure date, as well as advise you on what to bring with you on your camping vacation. We invite you to visit us at the headquarters of MOBILNE MAZURY Tumiany 13B 11-010 Barczewo, where you will be able to see our caravans and take advantage of the rental offer. Before booking, please read the rental agreement, rules and regulations, release and return protocol, summary operating instructions shown below. We accept the rental of a caravan to go abroad. We also invite you to the option of renting a caravan and staying with us at Tumiany Campground.
Reservations must be confirmed by online transfer within 3 days – a deposit of 40% of the rental. After payment of the deposit, we send confirmation of the reservation, departure and return details and the contract to your email. Rental cost, refundable deposit (2000 PLN) and service charge (250 PLN) is payable on the day of departure, in cash only at the office of Mobilne Mazury Tumiany 1A 11-010 Barczewo.
In case of cancellation, the following fees will be charged:
- more than 50 days before the start of the reservation, 30% of the total cost of the deposit
- 49 to 25 days before the start of the reservation, 50% of the total cost of the deposit
- 24 to 16 days before the start of the reservation, 100% of the total cost of the deposit
If the deposit is not paid or the tenant does not show the required documents
identity, the reservation will be treated as a last-minute cancellation, resulting in a 100% rental fee.
Guests can pick up the caravan on the day written in the contract between 16:00 and 19:00, and return it between 8:00 and 11:00 at Mobile Mazury Tumiany 1A 11-010 Barczewo. Pickup or return of the caravan outside these hours by prior arrangement. Mobile Mazury provides a minimum of 12 hours’ reserve between rentals, allowing guests spare time in case of delays en route and allowing them to clean the vehicle inside, as well as allowing the company to prepare the vehicle for the next rental. On the day of pick-up of the RV, guests should bring with them two current identification documents:
- driver’s license.
Before coming to pick up the caravan, check the general condition of the car, especially :
- electrical installation
- condition of the hook in the car
If the set exceeds 3,500 kg GVW, you must have an E-Toll cell phone application assigned to the car and a B+E/C+E license.
Note: Please reserve about 2 hours to pick up the caravan, as the paperwork, the release of the vehicle, the description in the release report and the training are thorough and detailed. Before you arrive, please read the Mobile Mazury checklist (a quick reference guide) and pass on the information to others who will be using the vehicle.
A caravan from Mobile Mazury ready to go is:
- Washed, both inside and out.
- The gas cylinder (11kg) is filled.
- The batteries are charged.
- The toilet cassette is clean, disinfected and prepared for use. The toilet equipment includes: 4 rolls of toilet paper – soluble and toilet liquid.
- The clean water tank and the cistern water tank are filled to capacity.
- The caravan has its tire pressure, brakes and lighting checked.
- The caravan has accessories on board: solar panel, tv, table and 4 touring chairs, electric kettle, cutlery and dishes, pots and pans, connection cord and extension cord, wheel wrench, prop wrench, wheel chock, entrance step, canopy, rack for 2 bicycles (Hobby 495 only), triangle and fire extinguisher, car mirrors.
It is within your scope to have your own towels and bedding.
It is possible to buy: an additional gas cylinder – PLN 100 and additional toilet paper (4pcs) – PLN 20.
Mobile Masuria caravan rental company offers the possibility of delivering a vehicle up to 400km within a radius of Tumian in the low season, if:
- The location of the company does not suit the landlords or
- Do not have the appropriate authority or
- do not have a car to pull a trailer.
The cost of substitution in the low season is priced at 3zl/km. Terms of substitution determined individually.
The return of a rented caravan to Mobilne Mazury is arranged on an individual basis, usually between 8:00 – 11:00, but we try to be flexible for Renters and adjust the hours of return, 1-2 days before the scheduled return. If customers want to extend the rental of the caravan, they should inform by phone
(+48) 602 757 481
. We will check if it is possible, taking into account subsequent rentals. Rental renewal payment is payable upon return of the caravan.
Note: The caravan must be returned in the same clean condition in which it was issued.
Additional charges in case of:
- return of a dirty trailer (exterior) – 150 zł
- return of a dirty trailer (inside) – 150 zloty
- emptying the toilet – PLN 200
- the cost of losing the keys to the caravan – 1500zł
- upholstery cleaning – PLN 100-500
- destruction of equipment elements – from 100 PLN (details of the release protocol)
- delay in returning the trailer – PLN 50 for each commenced hour of delay
Mobile-Mazury what’s important when renting a caravan
Required documents for caravan rental:
- Current driver’s license
- Current identity card
- Car registration card
Check the DMC calculator to see if you have the ability to rent a caravan for your license.
- No mileage limit.
- The possibility of going abroad to Poland.
- Minimum age of the client: 28 years old.
- Payment: in cash, by bank transfer before renting.
- No smoking inside the caravans.
- Animal Prohibition.
General rules for traveling by caravan
The GVW (permissible total weight) of the car (tow truck) + the GVW of the trailer MUST NOT exceed 3.5t. Otherwise, the driver needs a Cat. B+E.
cat. B entitles you to drive (Highway Code – Division IV, Chapter 1, Article 88, paragraph 3):
(a) a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight not exceeding 3.5t, except for a bus or motorcycle,
b) a vehicle referred to in letter A, with a trailer with a permissible total weight not exceeding the unladen weight of the towing vehicle, provided that the total permissible total weight of the combination of these vehicles does not exceed 3.5t.
According to Art. 20 of the Road Traffic Law in Poland, a vehicle with a trailer can move at speed:
(a) on a highway, expressway or dual carriageway with at least two lanes intended for each direction of traffic – 80 km/h,
b) on other roads – in accordance with the Traffic Code.
Luggage in the trailer:
For the proper road behavior of the trailer, it is important not to overload the trailer with additional equipment, especially in the front and rear of the trailer – this can cause it to lose stability while driving.
It is advisable to thoroughly clean the electrical connection socket of the trailer – this will ensure the correct operation of its external lighting.
Tolls in Poland:
E-Toll is used to collect tolls on toll sections of highways, expressways and national roads managed by the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways. It replaces the existing viaTOLL system.